What is it that we do in the Nyon Pilates studio?
Is Pilates for you?
It is for EVERYONE!
At Play Pilates we believe that the human body should be prepared to perform at any given moment and that the best foundation for physical fitness is a consistent mouvement routine that supports your real life and all your activities. We strive to provide the most hands-on, personal, fun, and effective Pilates experience that you can hope for.
Pilates can be a great workout for anyone. Both the equipment and the exercises can be modified and adjusted to ANY BODY, which makes it perfect for those looking to tone up, train for a particular hobby or sport, rehab from an injury, or for those looking for low impact, full-body workout.
Our goal at PlayPilates
Joseph Pilates was all about long-term quality of life and optimal functioning of one’s body!
Our clients come to use for many reasons but all of them get the personalized attention that they are looking for. Whether you just moved into the area and are looking for a new studio to practice , or you are just beginning Pilates, are seeking private Pilates training, feel the need to begin a Pilates for Seniors program, or want to combine Pilates with your favorite sport (Tennis, Golf, Running, other sports) for better performance and to stay injury-free.
Pilates helps with various aches and pains, especially back pain. Today, doctors and therapist are familiar with the Pilates method and are very supportive of its benefits because Pilates helps achieve healing through movement. Hence, if you suffer from back pain or are recovering from an injury we can help by taking over from your therapist.
Small Group classes, Increased benefits
Slightly more expensive than a more traditional gym class, sure, but hey! so much more efficient and quality-based.
In our group classes we use all the apparatus, not Mat only! This is the best way to practice this exercise method. Our classes are intentionally kept small (maximum 6), enabling us to provide you with the upmost attention for your time, effort and money and ensuring YOU GET the ultimate physical results!
We will also provide you with the tools that you can use in your everyday life to keep you strong both physically and mentally so the work stays within you long after your session.
Don’t just take our word for it, come visit us and start your Pilates journey today with our Introductory Offers. One thing we can promise is you won’t be disappointed in fact you will probably become addicted!
Pilates is a workout, it is functional training and cross training. The workout is for men and women, to get fit and stay fit. Or to recover from back pain and injury.
Why choose Play Pilates?
Play Pilates is dedicated to bringing you the purest, safest and most efficient Pilates environment available. This exercise method benefits everyone from teenagers to seniors and athletes to people with a more sedentary lifestyle
- Personal one-on-one Classical Pilates training sessions (something you will not find at your local fitness center) with professional and highly qualified Pilates teachers.
- Small and more intimate group classes where the teacher is able to give personal attention and corrections and help ensure everyone is getting the most out of the class.
- A fully equipped studio with the full range of Apparatus (Reformer, Tower/Cadillac, Chair, Barrels, Pedi-Pole) that allows you to practice the entire Pilates Method as Joseph Pilates intended. (Many fitness centers and some pilates studios only offer part of the method or teach it as a fusion with other methods, so it’s impossible to receive the full benefit of Pilates when it is taught in that fashion).
- A smartphone App called Mindbody that allows you, very easily and instantly, to schedule, cancel and buy your classes.
- Teachers at Play Pilates are required to be fully certified holding one or several certifications from a highly accredited training program (700+ hours of training minimum).
Working out on the Mat versus the Pilates Apparatus
Let us show you what Pilates really is, how the apparatus work and why the training should be done using the equipement and not the Mat only.
Joseph Pilates taught all of his students on specialized studio equipment such as the Reformer, the Cadillac or Tower, the Chair, the Barrels, the Pedi-Pole. Although Mat work is fundamental in developing and understanding Pilates, it is only a small part of the training required to achieve the desired benefits of a strong body. With the assistance and resistance of springs, exercises on the different apparatus allow students to achieve fitness goals, a more balanced body and prepare for more advanced exercises.
Every apparatus in our Pilates studio was built to the original specifications of the equipment Joseph Pilates used in his New York studio. Each machine has numerous exercises with varying degrees of resistance and difficulty designed to maximize strength and flexibility for every body. At Play Pilates, no two workouts should ever be experienced in the same way!
What is it that we do in the Nyon Pilates studio?
We try our best to address your personal needs even in a group setting. Come and try it for yourself, it is the only way to experience Pilates!
The Pilates method is an exercise method, built around controlled movements, body awareness and with zero-impact for the joints. Rather than concentrating upon specific areas, Pilates treats the body as a whole. It is a system of over 500 exercises that truly works as such: it’s fascinating to see the connections between the exercises and how one exercise helps you get better at another exercise.
We use springs, apparatus and bodyweight exercises to develop a really Strong Core and condition the Whole Body. It is a combination of strength, flexibility, control, coordination and balance. It’s also a mental workout because of the intense focus and concentration you need to execute a proper workout. All muscle groups, from big to small, are strengthened in a non-aggressive, non-impact manner making this workout as good for your muscles as it is for your joints. Your spine stays protected, your mind engaged, your balance enhanced, and your energy levels boosted.
At Play Pilates we teach “Classical” Pilates, maintaining the integrity of Pilates. It means: it is the exercises created by Joseph Pilates, taught in the order he chose to teach and on ALL the apparatus he designed. In the original Classical Pilates method there is a sequence to the work, and this sequence builds intelligently with foundational exercises at the beginning and more complex exercises, on more apparatus, as you gain strength, control and balance.
Pilates is ideal for a wide range of people, from frequent exercisers and Sports enthusiasts to beginners to Dynamic Seniors, and for those with injuries. We try our best to address your personal needs even in a group setting. Come and try it for yourself, it is the only way to experience Pilates!
We have worked to create a very special environment for our clients and instructors. Your cooperation is appreciated in helping us to ensure it is an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Switch your cell phones to silent mode while in the studio.
- Plan on arriving at least 5 minutes prior to your lesson. This will give you some extra time to prepare. Arriving late to class is distracting to the other clients and disruptive to the flow of the class.
- The studio is a “no shoes” area. Please take off your shoes upon arrival. The studio provides cubbies in which to place your shoes and all other items.
- A strict 24 hours notice is required to cancel a class. This is to be done via your account online. Cancellation made out of this time frame will be charged as a Late Cancelation.
- “No shows” will be charged as a Late Cancellation.
- Please clean up your equipment after use. Set everything back to the way you found it.
- Please wear proper athletic attire without zippers or buttons to spare the equipment from scratches.
- All classes must be paid for in advance.
- PlayPilates does not issue refunds (subject to our discretion). You may however pass a session or package to a friend.
- The Introduction Packages must be completed within the stated validity and can only be purchased once.
- All Packages have an expiry period, please make sure you check the validity date and use the sessions within the timeframes.
- PlayPilates reserves the right to substitute teachers, to cancel or change a class if only 1 person is attending the class.